Tuesday, June 21, 2005

26 June 2005

About a week and a half ago, MissionBound dropped by for a visit. We went to the local ice cream shop and at while I whined about how hard it was to put together the upcoming sermon (which was last Sunday's). For some reason, when I said "Ishmael" she heard "Isaac," and thought that the passage was the near-sacrifice of Isaac. We laughed a moment, and then I asked, "So, what do you think the odds are that the lectionary passage for my last Sunday in Ladd will be the near-sacrifice of Isaac?" She said, "Well, we had the promise of children last week, and this week is Ishmael, so it would be about right for the other brother story." To which I said, "Ugh, I hope that's not the passage for my final sermon."

Lo and behold, it is. The lectionary is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home